Applications are accepted by Realtime Center For Learning, Inc. year-round. Applicants are required to do the following:
Schedule a personal interview with an admissions representative.
- Attend an Open House Workshop. These are both opportunities for you to learn more about court reporting and make an informed decision if this course of study is appropriate for you.
- Complete an Enrollment Application.
- Provide an official transcript showing completion of your high school requirements for a diploma.
- Complete an Entrance Language Arts exam with a score of 80% or better. Scores of 70-79% will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Exam can be taken after Workshop or personal interview.
- Complete a three-minute keyboarding test with a speed of 40 wpm or better, corrected. Test can be taken after Workshop or personal interview. Applicants with a minimum speed of 20 wpm, but falling short of the 40 wpm requirement may be admitted with the provision that a speed of 40 wpm will be attained within 12 months of enrollment.
- Submit a non-refundable application fee of $100.
Successful applicants will be notified via mail of acceptance to the program and must schedule an appointment to complete the enrollment agreement. New starts are enrolled into either Fall or Spring quarters